Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ogden Marathon

So I did it.  I ran the first half of the Ogden Marathon!  I never thought that I would EVER run a half marathon.  I felt really good for the first 10 miles and then one of my blisters on the bottom of my foot decided to pop and it was pure hell for the remaining 3 and I ended up walking a lot of it.  I was upset because I was over 5 min for the slowest time that I wanted to be at but I guess I can't be to upset since I was in serious pain.  The crazy thing is is that I want to do it again next year.  It is kind of addicting.  My nephew Cody ran the full marathon, my sister-in-law Jamie ran the full as well and Justin's aunt Brenda ran the first half with me.  The rest of my team on the relay was my two cousins Steph and Sarah and my mom and Aunt Ronda.  I was bummed that I didn't get a picture of all of us together but I had to get home and couldn't wait at the finish line.  Way to go guys!!!  It was a great experience! 

Cody at the half way point.  His over all time was 3 hrs and 28 min!! 

Jamie and her neighbor at the half way point.  They ran it is 5 hrs 5 min!  Awesome job girls!!!

Me at the end of my part of the relay and the half way mark for the marathon

My personal time was 2 hrs 35 min and our team time was 4 hrs 38 min.  Way to finish it Sarah!!  You did awesome!!


Justin's Aunt Brenda.  I don't know her exact time but she finished before me and did awesome!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I am seriously so impressed with you Rach. It is really cool that you set this goal and completed it. Way to go!!