Thursday, September 20, 2012

First day of Kindergarten

 
So Brantley had his first day of kindergarten on August 14th.  We are on year at round school so we started a little earlier then most.  Brantley was so excited!!  The first day was a little bit of a mess.  They had the parents come the first day and it was only for an hour to discuss what is expected of the kids and parents for the year and information on what will go on.  Well since it was my first time having a kid in school I really did not have any idea on what to expect.  First off, I did not have clue on how stricked they are on being on time!  See, Brantley's teacher had mailed a packet to Brantley and had asked him to make and bring in a super why hero from PBS kids and we had forgotten to bring it.  Since we were early I figured we had plenty of time to run back home and get it and still get there on time.  Well, we were 1 minute (literally) late and the doors were locked!  In order to get into class we had to go threw the front of the building and then they made us check in at the office then we were able to go into class.  Well, by then we were a good 15 min late and of coarse they had already started so we walked in and everyone looked at us.  If you know Brantley at all this is a really bad start!  He freaked out and would not do anything or go anywhere and every time I tried to do something, talk to someone or go somewhere he FREAKED!!  He threw a full on like throw himself on the floor temper tantrum, hit me I don't know how many times, cried and screamed.  It was a complete nightmare.  I talked to his teacher Mrs. Adams to get the info on what was going to go the next day since it was going to be his first day without me and she said that I would not be able to go inside with him and say our good byes at the door.  I was so nervous for this day and so was he.  I prepped him for this all day hoping that he will do better since he knew what to expect and I was right.  He was a champ!!  He gave me a hug and a kiss and looked at me and told me "I got this mom!".  I was so proud of him!  I knew he was so nervous and scared and took charge of it and did it like a champ.  When I got into the car after dropping him off I started to cry.  I was so proud of him and so sad that my little boy was growing up.  I still get a little anxious dropping him off in the morning hoping that he makes it into the building but he now has me drop him off at the curb instead of walking him up to the gate.  He's already making so many new friends and LOVES his teacher.  He told me she is the funniest teacher ever!  Plus, he's already starting to learn how to read better more and better.  We Love you Brantley and are so proud of you!! 
 
On his first day


1 comment:

Mjika said...

Poor kid - late on his first day? That is a fabulous story that one day he might find amusing...or will mess him up for the rest of his life. oh well...