Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Preschool

Oh preschool...I can't believe that Brantley is in preschool already.  I've been so proud of my little guy.  He's been so brave and it seems like he had grown up soooo much in the last couple of weeks.  To give a little history of Brantley he is not much of a fan of meeting new people and doing new things.  He is normally really shy and takes a while to warm up to new people and new situations.  Knowing this about him I have been worried about him going to school.  We talked about it for so long before he went and got him so excited hoping that this would help him in being more comfortable in going.  Well the day finally came to go and he was so brave and did amazing!!  On our way there he told me that he didn't need me to walk him in but when we got there he changed his mind and said well maybe you could just walk me in and then leave.  So that is what I did.  We walked in. Ms. Katie called him by his name and told him to find his name at his seat and start tracing his name.  He found his name and then told Ms. Katie that he didn't know how to trace his name.  (I was confused at this since I have him do this all of the time at home).  He then got this little smirk on his face as Ms. Katie starts to help him and then starts tracing it without a problem.  She then looked at him and said you know how to trace your name! (she was smiling at him)  He promptly started to chuckle and told her that he was just teasing her.  What a tease!  He then looked at me and said "I got this mom.  You can go now."  It made me smile and cry at the same time.  I'm so proud of him.  He was so brave and did so good.  He has now gone twice and he loves it!!  Way to go Brantley!!



On a side note, this is what Lilley looked like after we dropped Brantley off (and I felt this way too).  She missed her brother sooo much!!  We miss him while he is gone!

No comments: